Reflexions dental has taken many steps to ensure the safety of our patients and staff during the current COVID -19 pandemic. Not only have we met, but we've gone above and beyond all the recommendations of the CDC, BCDA, CDSBC, & WCB. In addition, we strive to continue to build on these practices as new information comes available. We appreciate your patience and understanding while we implement these changes in the clinic. More details about these changes and precautions are listed further down the page. We are looking forward to re connecting with our patients and we hope all has been well for you and your families.
- Please consider the following information before confirming or attending your appointment:
- The COVID-19 virus has a long incubation period during which carriers of the virus may not show symptoms and still be contagious.
- Dental procedures create water spray which is one way the virus can spread. The ultra fine nature of the spray can linger in the air for minutes to sometimes hours, which can transmit the virus.
- Due to the frequency of visits of other dental patients, the characteristics of the virus, and the characteristics of dental procedures, there is an elevated risk of contracting the virus simply by being in the office.
- Recommended social distancing of 6 feet is not possible in dentistry.
Do you have any symptoms of the COVID-19? o Fever > 38°C o New or worsening cough o Sore throat o Shortness of breath o Runny nose o Headache or muscle pain o Loss of taste or smell
Have you traveled outside Canada or by airline, bus, or train in the last 14 days?
Have you been in close personal contact with anyone who has any of the above symptoms?
Have you been required to self isolate in the last 14 days?
If yes, please call the office.
Guidelines to follow for attending your appointment:
- Please arrive no more than 5 mins prior to your appointment time.
- Please use the elevator. The office will not be accessible by the stairs. There will be a hand sanitizing station when you get of the elevator.
- We are practicing social distancing in the reception area.
- Please use the washroom before you leave your house to limit traffic through the office.
- Come alone to your appointment.
- Do not bring any personal items you cannot keep in your pocket while in the operatories, including purses.
- Please do bring reading glasses if needed as there will be a form to fill out when you arrive.
- During this time, with the new guidelines and restrictions in place, it may not be possible to see the dentist or hygienist of your choice. We will do our best to accommodate you but the safety of our patients and staff is our top priority and may result in sudden, unplanned changes to the schedule.
- We still require 48 business hours notice to cancel or reschedule an appointment to avoid a possible fee.
If you develop any symptoms before your appointment time, please contact the office.
Feel free to call us if you have any questions or concerns.
Changes and precautions implemented to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Pre-screening of all patients when booking appointments, confirming appointments, and upon arrival of appointments
- Temperature screening upon arrival of appointments
- All staff is screened prior to reporting to work
- Social distancing is practiced wherever possible in the clinic for patients and staff
- Plexiglass and polyurethane barriers have been placed in the reception area and have been used to isolate every operatory to minimize the spread of airborne particles and aerosols to other parts of the clinic
- COVID-19 safety signage has been placed throughout the clinic
- Hand sanitizing stations have been placed throughout the clinic for patient use
- As before, frequent hand hygiene is practiced by all our staff
- All nonessential items have been removed from the clinic
- Frequent wiping of all high traffic areas and high touch surfaces has been implemented
- Plastic barriers are used on all high touch surfaces wherever possible
- Patients are required to do an anti microbial rinse before treatment begins
- In addition to the personal protective equipment (PPE) already used in the clinic (level 3 surgical masks, gloves, and safety glasses) we have added face shields, gowns, and surgical caps as well
- All clothing worn by the staff is laundered in the clinic and remains in the clinic